It's spring!!!! I am having serious spring fever and travel bug but sadly I am not going anywhere. To comfort myself last weekend when I saw everyone and their dog driving away in fully packed cars I made a Lemon Strawberry Shortcake.
This dessert is a breeze to make which makes it a good choice to take to a potluck. I had extra cake mix on hand that I needed to use up so I made a lemon cake and a strawberry cake.
You will need:
- Lemon cake or strawberry cake or yellow cake or any other flavor you like. (I used a cake mix but you can of course go the extra mile and just make it from scratch.)
- Whipped cream (The easiest thing would be to just buy a tub of whipped topping BUT if you want to pipe the whipped cream then you'll want to whipped your own. I used cream, vanilla, powder sugar and whipped it in a stand up mixer.)
- Strawberry and Lemon Sauce for decoration. (I used Lyons topping sauces but those are usually not sold in regular grocery store. I have seen them on amazon though.)
- Lots of marinated strawberries. Slice the strawberries and add sugar to them (the amount of sugar will depend on how sweet you like them to be), vanilla, amaretto (optional. you could also use almond extract), a few slices of lime.
- One lime sliced for decoration.
Another way I plated this dessert.
Drama Food Drooling This Week
Most of the pictures came from Let's Eat 2. Boy, the food really looked good.
These are the dishes at the Chinese restaurant that the hero treated his neighbors to.
This one looked really interesting to me. It just seems super healthy but delicious as well.
This one is the only one not from Let's Eat 2, but is from Girl Who Sees Smells.