Making a quick excuse to the store clerk that Sheng Nan is his girlfriend, Qian Yao walks out of the store while holding Sheng Nan's hand.
Looking completely innocent, Qian Yao assures Sheng Nan that there is absolutely nothing going on between him and Vivienne other than pure business associations. Confessing to Sheng Nan that he has always harbored an interest in her, Qian Yao asks for a chance to get to know her. Overjoyed that her crush is actually asking to be friends with her, Sheng Nan happily shakes hand with Qian Yao as a sign of a new beginning for them.
Jumping on an opportunity to meet Justin's friends, Vivienne invites herself along and successfully gains the favor of Justin's buddies when she purposefully lets them win a game of pool. Knowing full well that Vivienne could've beaten them easily, Justin's friends give Vivienne their full approval and tell her that she is the first girlfriend Justin has introduced them to.
Surprised by what she has been told, Vivienne asks Justin why he has dated so little in the past. Even more surprised when Justin answers in a matter of fact manner that he finds dating troublesome, Vivienne wonders out loud why Justin would date her then.
Proving that lawyers are great with words, Justin replies "Maybe I find dating difficult but liking you...it's very easy. Perhaps I can't distinguish between when you are telling the truth or when you are lying, or even what you are thinking, but I know what I am thinking."
Walking over to Justin, Vivienne asks "And what are you thinking?"
Turning to look at Vivienne, Justin softly replies "I am always...thinking of you."
Totally satisfied with Justin's answer, Vivienne plants a soft kiss on his cheek and tells him "I also think dating is hard...but I like you. It's that simple."
And of course we got to end that scene with a kiss.
A sudden knock makes our two leads freeze and they are horrified when they realize that Mama Hao is the one at the door.
Sneaking Vivienne out of his house while Mama Hao is in the bathroom, Justin promises Vivienne that he will handle his own family's prejudice against her and asks that she would simply trust him.
Unbeknownst to everyone involved, the man that Mama Hao loved in the past is actually Vivienne's father.
Determined to at least get one of the two women in Justin's life to like her, Vivienne puts on a friendly smile and invites Sheng Nan to have lunch later. Completely under Qian Yao's charm, a bitter Sheng Nan turns on Vivienne and accuses her of fabricating stories about Qian Yao. Speechless that her ex-best-friend still refuses to believe her, Vivienne stares with disbelief as Sheng Nan declares that she will never allow her own brother to marry a horrible woman like her.
Satisfied to see the stiff expression on Vivienne, Mama Hao makes the suggestion that Vivienne give up on her son and move on to find her wedding bliss somewhere else.
Inspired by the story of how Mama Cai had made a list of why she should and shouldn't marry Daddy Cai, Vivienne decides to make one for Justin. Her heart somewhat settled after making her list, Vivienne wakes up the next morning determined to battle on as Justin's girlfriend.
Mumbling a prayer that his wife's cupid plan is really going to work, Daddy Cai walks out of his house and promptly runs into his ex-girlfriend... Mama Cai.
Proving that a woman's six sense is alarmingly sharp, Vivienne's arrives at Justin's office and looks at the identical tie on his desk with a sinking feeling.
Putting on her understanding smile when Justin excuses himself for an important meeting with a client, Vivienne nonetheless decides to follow him secretly. Recognition downs when the woman at the tie store brush past her, Vivienne stares as Justin warmly greets the woman while she is flooded with a foreboding.
Dang, as if Vivienne doesn't have enough problems with Justin's family already and now we are adding another person into the mess?!
Things would be just peachy if our two leads could live in their own little private island but alas it looks like the things are about to get VERY messy. The mess between Daddy Cai and Mama Hao looks especially dicey.
I also found Vivienne's list about Justin very interesting and ...confusing.
Here is a translation of Vivienne's list. I would love to hear you guys' take on #7.
Reasons to Let Go:
1. Justin's mother doesn't like me.
2. I am enemies with Sheng Nan.
3. He has a strange fascination with environmental concerns.
4. He doesn't want marriage, but I do.
5. He has insomnia and that would influence my own quality of sleep.
6. He gets drunk easily, so that makes him an easy target for other women.
7. If I love him, then I will have to leave Taiwan which means leaving my parents. (I am confused about this one. Why would they have to leave??)
8. If he keeps being with me...that will make him lose everything. (I don't quite get this one either. Is she talking about by being with her, he might lose his family because of their prejudice against her?)
Reasons to Keep Going:
1. I am willing to keep trying to get Justin's mother to like me.
2. I am willing to patch things up with Sheng Nan for Justin's sake.
3. I am proud of his dream to fight for environmental concerns and he will be that hero one day.
4. If he doesn't want to be married then we can just be in love for the rest of our lives.
5. I like the fact that he relies on me and can only fall asleep with me beside him.
6. I will protect him. I will be the only bad woman that sink her claws in him.
7. He will become the most important person to me. We will be the family support for one another.
8. All the other reasons to give up I could find a way to circumvent except this one, because I love him so very much.